The Assistant Controller (Assistant Director / Director Level depending on the experience) has the responsibility of maintaining accurate corporate financial and accounting data as well as helping manage the Accounting Department, various special projects, and accounting process and procedure development. Fantastic growth opportunity for someone who wants to get in with a well-financed, culture-focused, pre-IPO company.
- Work closely with the controller to improve, automate and document accounting processes. Assist with development and maintenance of internal control structure. Ensure compliance with established controls.
- Assist with helping the company prepare for its Initial Public Offering (IPO) including assisting with certain financial and tax projects that need to be completed.
- Prepare documentation in support of public company annual audits and quarterly reviews including interfacing with auditors and responding to questions. Review audit reports and make process changes as appropriate.
- Assist with month-end close and other accounting-related processes including review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Oversee preparation financial statements, including balance sheets, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Responsible for payroll and cash management
- Coordinate with procurement on contracts/new vendors, etc.
- Assist with identification, documentation, and adherence to the Company's financial policies.
- Coordinate and assist outside tax consultants with preparation of tax provisions and filings.
- Lead ERP implementation project.
- Hire and manage SEC / SOX Manager once company is IPO ready. This includes training, goal setting, and performance management. Provide back-up duties as required.
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8-12 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement.
- High energy team player and individual contributor as needed
- Detail oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to independently prioritize workload based on organizational needs/demands. Operates with a sense of urgency, as appropriate.
- Proficient computer skills specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior Big-4 Accountant
- Biotech and previous management experience preferred.
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or CPA Candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, No recruiters at this time.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix has currently based in South San Francisco though this position is expected to be primarily remote.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.