The Assistant Controller has the responsibility of maintaining accurate corporate financial and accounting data as well as helping manage the Accounting Department, various special projects, and accounting process and procedure development. Fantastic growth opportunity for someone who wants to get in with a well-financed, culture-focused, pre-IPO company.
- Work closely with the controller to improve, automate and document accounting processes. Assist with development and maintenance of internal control structure. Ensure compliance with established controls.
- Assist with month-end close and other accounting-related processes
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, statements of financial position, and cash flow statement.
- Coordinate with procurement on contracts/new vendors, etc.
- Responsible for payroll and cash management
- Supervise the Senior Accountant including training, goal setting, and performance management. Provide back-up duties as required.
- Assist with identification, documentation, and adherence to the Company's financial policies.
- Prepare documentation in support of annual audits including interfacing with auditors and responding to questions. Review audit reports and make process changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist outside tax consultants with preparation of tax provisions and filings.
- Assist with new ERP system implementation.
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- Proficient computer skills specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to independently prioritize workload based on organizational needs/demands. Operates with a sense of urgency, as appropriate.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement.
- Biotech and previous management experience preferred.
- CPA or CPA Candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please, No recruiters at this time.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.