Data Scientist, Discovery Group
Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced data scientist to join our Bioinformatics/Early Discovery group. The candidate will be responsible for the establishment and management of key discovery and preclinical databases as well as basic interpretation for broad sets of new data. Additional responsibilities will be assisting Bioinformatics with building mathematical models and statistical analyses in support of both platform expansion and preclinical development. The successful candidate must be versatile and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Establish infrastructure for data handling, organization, a formatting for regulatory compliance
- Generate scripts for automating data assembly and basic analyses for diverse datasets
- Build and manage databases for data generated by the preclinical development and platform/discovery groups
- Work in close partnership with Bioinformatics to develop models and analytical pipelines of preclinical and discovery-based data
- Update relevant databases and digital notebooks with detailed data analyses and present findings to team members
- B.S. with 1+ years of post-graduate industry experience in Bioengineering, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in R, Python, or MATLAB
- Experience with databases of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (PKPD) data is preferred
- Strong background in math, statistics, and biololgy
- Ability to communicate complex data analyses clearly and effectively to diverse audiences is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving
- Familiarity or experience with human drug development, systems biology, or enzymology a plus
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com