The Lab Tech is responsible for supporting routine operations of the Fermentation and Purification Labs and completing routine laboratory procedures under the direction of the BioProcess Development and Manufacturing Lead.
- Conduct routine lab procedures (preparation of media and solutions, calibration of and testing with pH and conductivity probes, endotoxin testing, and good record keeping throughout)
- Weigh and mix specified components in calculated amounts, recording throughout
- Set up and operate necessary equipment to support the above
- Collaborate with manager, team members, and other functional groups at Amunix to plan, prioritize, and meet delivery deadlines
- Maintain inventory of key laboratory reagents/stocks, preparing or ordering as needed
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and assist with ordering to ensure sufficient amounts are retained
- Wash & autoclave glassware
- Treat and dispose of Hydroxide and HPLC waste according to EH&S protocols
- Receive, log, and distribute packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple workflows, managing tasks and time effectively
- 1-2 years of laboratory experience is desired
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biology or similar scientific discipline
- Basic mathematical calculations, dilutions, conversions, dimensional analysis
- Basic use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift and carry 20 kg
- Ability to stand for long durations (majority of a typical 8 hr day)
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is located in South San Francisco, California.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com