Research Associate, Cell Culture (Contract)
The Research Associate will be an essential member of a collaborative, fast-paced and highly productive research group exploring new therapeutics in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy. The successful candidate will be responsible for culture and maintenance of a variety of cell lines to support multiple internal research programs. More experienced candidates may be involved with conducting in vitro immunology laboratory techniques such as cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity assays, and proliferation assays.
- Culture and maintenance of a variety of mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Coordination with fellow researchers to plan for cell culture requirements on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Deliver appropriate cells to researchers at a designated concentration and time.
- More experienced candidates may be involved with molecular biology, in-vivo, in-vitro, and ex-vivo assays.
- Order lab supplies; operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Bachelors degree in a Biology or Chemistry-related discipline.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in a laboratory.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture with excellent sterile technique.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment (pipettes, centrifuges, cell counters, etc.)
- Proficiency with basic lab calculations.
- Adherence to common lab safety practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Plus: Prior experience working in a cell culture core facility.
- Plus: Demonstrated ability running molecular biology or cell-based assays.
- Plus: Knowledge of in-vitro immunology laboratory techniques
- Plus: Hands-on in-vivo mouse experience.
- Contract Position (20-40 hrs per week), with potential to lead to full time employment.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org