Research Associate, Purification & Process Development
The Research Associate will join the Protein Purification and Process Development function and contribute to the performance of Amunix’s established purification processes, development and optimization of processes for new molecules, and support project-specific purification development strategies. This position heavily supports Amunix’s internal production and R&D efforts, and it interfaces internally with Molecular Biology, Fermentation Operations, and Analytical Chemistry as well as externally with partners both domestic and abroad. Initiative, ingenuity, flexibility, communication, and work ethic are paramount in this role.
- Perform bench-scale purifications using a range of chromatography as well as filtration methods
- Monitor progress using established assays such as HPLC, SDS-PAGE, spectrophotometry, LAL endotoxin
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate test results in an effective manner
- Thoroughly maintain experimental records through database and notebook entries
- Execute experiments to improve recovery, clarification, chromatography, and formulation processes
- Maintain process equipment, troubleshoot problems, and propose solutions
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- Routinely update a cross-functional team on experimental plans and outcomes
- Clear, effective, timely communication is critical
- Desire to work within and maintain an open, collaborative environment is essential
- Master’s of Bachelor’s degree in protein chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or similar
- 2 years of work experience in a process development or manufacturing role
- Working knowledge and hands-on operating experience with state-of-the-art purification development tools and in-process analytical methods/screening tools
- Experience in Recovery, Chromatography, Formulation, Sterile & Aseptic processing
- Experience with purification and handling of metastable proteins is preferred
- Experience with cGxPs, DOE, and QBD is preferred
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is located in South San Francisco, California.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com