Scientist, Protease Biochemistry
Amunix is seeking a highly-driven and innovative individual to join our Research and Discovery group. The Scientist will be responsible for the optimization and deployment of assays to measure protease activity in tissues as well as live animals. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Develop protease activity assays that are suitable for complex biological samples and tissues
- Develop protease activity assays for in vivo studies
- Work in close partnership with mass spectrometry and bioinformatics experts at Amunix
- Design novel protease substrates
- Ph.D. in Biological Science (Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Enzymology) or a related field with at least 2 years of post-graduate experience in either an academic or industrial setting
- Strong scientific background in protease biology and biochemistry
- Experience/familiarity with protein conjugation, proteomics work flows, and multiplex assays (kinetics and/or binding) is highly desirable
- Ability to think creatively to identify and solve scientific problems
- Extensive knowledge of the scientific literature
- The ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Ability to effectively work independently and effectively participate in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.