Scientist, Protein Engineering/Early Discovery
Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking an independent and innovative individual to join our Protein Engineering/Early Discovery group. The candidate will be responsible for the discovery and engineering of antibody-based molecules. Additional responsibilities will be protein purification and conjugation supporting the protein engineering efforts focused on novel therapeutics. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Protein Chemistry techniques including, but not limited to, protein purification on an AKTA FPLC utilizing all available chromatography techniques
- Protein conjugation techniques utilizing maleimide and other chemistries for fluorescently labeling proteins for in vivo/in vitro analysis
- Protein analytical techniques such as SE-HPLC and SDS-PAGE
- Work in close partnership with the Protein Manufacturing and Bioprocess team to incorporate large scale protein purification techniques within the Protein Engineering/Early Discovery team
- Updating relevant databases and notebooks with detailed experimenal data and presenting findings to team members
- PhD with 0-2 years of post-graduate experience in Protein Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Deep understanding of protein structure-function relationships and protein engineering
- Strong scientific background and hands-on experience in Protein Chemistry/Conjugation
- Hands-on experience with phage or yeast display is highly desirable
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving
- Experience/familiarity with protein expression in E. coli and mammalian systems, molecular biology techniques, and biochemical assays is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is located in South San Francisco, CA.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.