Scientist/Senior Scientist, Immune Oncology
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, experienced Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Pharmacology/Immune Oncology Group. The candidate will support preclinical research programs to evaluate novel conditionally-activated cancer immune therapeutics that employ the Amunix XTEN technology. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of immunology, cancer research or immunotherapy. The individual will design and conduct high quality experiments independently to support and advance therapeutic candidates from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. He/she will be responsible for data analysis and interpretation, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings
- PhD (0-2+ year experience) in Immunology, Immune Oncology research or related field
- Some industry experience preferred
Qualifications and Professional Requirements
- Strong background in immunology and experience working in immune oncology is required.
- Prior experience working with T cell engagers and/or cytokines is highly desired
- Proven expertise with in vitro immunology laboratory techniques that include cell isolation, multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity assays, proliferation assays
- Experience with ex-vivo immune assessment from tumor models and functional characterization of immune cells from primary tumor explants is desired
- Ability to quickly adopt new laboratory skills
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills required
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic and creative
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment with a proactive attitude
- Adaptable and resilient with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and oral/written communication skills.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in South San Francisco in the Genesis Towers.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org