Scientist/Senior Scientist, Process Development
The Process Development Scientist/Senior Scientist will lead the continued optimization of Amunix’s established fermentation process, initiate project-specific fermentation development strategies, and perform fermentation operations. The ideal candidate will also perform recovery optimization and purification process development if time permits. This position heavily supports Amunix’s R&D efforts, and it interfaces internally with Molecular Biology, Production Operations, and Analytical Chemistry as well as externally with partners both domestic and abroad. Initiative, ingenuity, flexibility, and communication are paramount in this role.
- Perform upstream process development/characterization with E. coli, expressing biopharamceuticals in shake flasks and 10 L fermenters
- Design strategies and perform experiments to increase expression of Amunix proteins
- Troubleshoot problems with process and equipment and propose solutions
- Design and execute experiments focused on robustness, scalability, titer, and quality
- Perform downstream process development/characterization of recovery, clarification, chromatography, and formulation
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- Support technology transfer of USP and DSP
- Lead and train junior staff
- Prepare technical reports in support of regulatory submissions
- Communicate effectively and in a timely fashion
- Work with vendors to maintain upstream equipment
- Advanced degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar
- 5 years of work experience in a process development role
- Working knowledge of bacterial expression, biomanufacturing, process development, DOE, cGxP, and QBD principles
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in South San Francisco.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org