Scientist/Senior Scientist, Protein Analytics
Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking an experienced, hands-on individual to join Analytical group in the role of Scientist/Senior Scientist, Protein Analytics. The candidate will conduct independent bench work to support analytical method development and quality control activities for Amunix’s pipeline. The candidate must have a strong initiative and desire to work in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic environment.
- Develop and optimize analytical methods for characterization of protein products, standards, and purification intermediates. Serve as the analytical subject matter expert in the project team.
- Prepare documents including SOPs, protocols, technical reports. Contribute to relevant sections of IND filings and other documentation.
- Design and execute experiments, present results and summaries to the group in a timely manner. Serve as technical resource for analytical method and product quality issues.
- Identify new analytical technologies to improve characterization of biotherapeutics. Initiate novel methods when applicable.
- Collaborate with other teams and CDMO partners on analytical tech transfer activities.
- Maintain and troubleshoot current analytical instruments, work with vendors to maintain the equipment.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields with 5+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical settings.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC (size exclusion, reverse phase, hydrophobic interaction, IEX), SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis and isoelectric focusing, mass spectrometry, and other relevant analytical methods for protein characterization.
- Good understanding of protein purification, protein formulation and lyophilization methods is highly desired.
- Experience with operating under GMP’s and CRO/CMO’s management is a plus.
- Strong scientific background in protein analytics and protein drug development.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve scientific problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential.
- Strong interpersonal aptitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is located in South San Francisco.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.