Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Protein Engineering
Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking an independent and innovative individual to join our Protein Engineering group. The candidate will be responsible for the molecular biology and protein purification supporting the protein engineering efforts focused on novel therapeutics. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Molecular Biology techniques involving but not limited to primer design, PCR, cloning, DNA isolation and interpretation of DNA sequencing data.
- Protein Chemistry techniques involving but not limited to cell lysis and clarification, purification on an AKTA FPLC with ion exchange and IMAC, biophysical characterization by SE-HPLC.
- Update relevant databases and notebooks with new constructs and related data.
- Work in close partnership with the mass spectrometry and biological assay teams for downstream protein analysis.
- B.S. in Biological Science (Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Molecular Biology) or a related field required, post graduate experience preferred, with at least 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Strong scientific background and hands-on experience in Molecular Biology and Protein Chemistry.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in problem solving.
- Experience/familiarity with protein expression in E. coli and mammalian systems, as well as biochemical assays is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.