Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering and Display Technologies
Amunix Operating Inc. is seeking a highly-driven and innovative individual to join our Discovery group. The candidate will be responsible for the discovery and optimization of antibody domains (scFv, VHH) against cancer targets. You will bring expertise in yeast and/or phage display to a multidisciplinary team with focus on the discovery of multi-specific protease-activated biologics for immuno-oncology.
Positions Duties and Responsibilities
- Yeast and/or phage display to tune affinity and stability of binding domains
- Library design
- Work in close partnership with mass spectrometry, bioinformatics, and our protein production teams
- Ph.D. in Biological Science (Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Protein Engineering) or a related field with at least 5 years of post-graduate experience in either an academic or industrial setting
- Extensive experience with yeast or phage display, library design, and the development of innovative panning strategies
- Experience with engineering antibody fragments (scFv, VHH) is highly desirable
- Ability to think creatively to identify and solve scientific problems
- Extensive knowledge of scientific literature
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, to communicate clearly and effectively, and and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Ability to effectively work independently and effectively participate in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a clinically validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is located in South San Francisco.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com