Controller/Head of Finance
The Controller/Head of Finance is responsible for the full scope of day to day accounting and reporting for the organization. The Controller/Head of Finance will help ensure the integrity of financial information and systems, provide leadership and coordination in the accounting, reporting, budgeting, and overall financial efforts of the company.
- Develop and maintain annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and maintain long range financial plan.
- Monitor and maintain development projects status and reporting.
- Review and monitor contract project obligations.
- Develop and implement effective accounting systems.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial controls.
- Establish processes and procedures for accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Responsible for payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger
- Oversee 401(k) plan.
- Manage the audit and tax reporting process.
- Monitor disbursements, receipts and cash balances on a periodic basis.
- Ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Ensure timely reporting of financial results.
- Analyze and report actual variances to budget.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Business related, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience, preferably in the life sciences industry.
- Expert skills in Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint or equivalent required.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Effective process and project management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent, innovative, and creative thinker.
- Ability to multi-task as needed in a start-up environment.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.