Microbial Fermentation Associate
Amunix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking an experienced Research Associate for its Microbial Fermentation Development Group. This position will involve E. coli strain transformation, cell banking flask screening, and evaluation of recombinant protein quality and titer. Candidates will conduct fermentation and expression at flask and 10L scale to generate raw materials to support internal and external projects. A flexible schedule for possible shift work occasional weekend work is required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts hands-on research in E. coli fermentation process development up to 10L scale
- Thorough record keeping in database(s) and notebook entries, as well as organization and maintenance of large datasets.
- Supervisor/Manager to provide prioritization on research protocols, experiments and testing.
- Maintains and updates calibration of fermentation equipment, ancillary analytical equipment and facility.
- Performs analytical testing of samples as required by protocol or specified data gathering requirements.
- Collates data and prepares summaries of completed activities for presentation to management level staff, incorporation into reports or archival files/databases.
- B.S. degree in Biology/Bioengineering or related fields.
- Must have hands on experience with setting up, operating and cleaning bench scale fermenters.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Must have basic training in microbial techniques and associated analytical tools including HPLC and SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Familiarity with MatLab, Labview, Design Expert, &/or JMP software is a plus.
- Commitment to laboratory safety practices and hygiene is required.
- The position requires the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Comprehensive Benefit package available, including: Health, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance as well as a 401K plan, short term and long term Disability.
Job title and compensation will be based on candidate experience.
In your application, please include a brief cover letter detailing your fit for the position as well as a CV or resume
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class products using our novel half-life extension/drug delivery platform technology. As an employee, you will be able to:
- Significantly contribute to an established company (est’d 2006) with a broadly partnered and validated technology platform which is engaged in the development of a number of novel internal pipeline molecules
- Work in a highly collaborative and motivated working environment
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term/Long Term Disability and participate in matching 401(k) plans
- Receive compensation based on candidate experience
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every, location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.