Associate Director/Director - Project Management
Reporting to the CBO, the Associate Director/Director of Project Management will be the head of PM at the company and will be responsible for the program management of the company’s preclinical T cell engager programs.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Help drive project strategy and execution on core and subteam deliverables
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making; ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with finance and other departments
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes
- Apply best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
Key Requirements/Degree Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Life Sciences and 8+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; PhD or MBA is a significant plus, but not required
- Minimum 4 years of direct project management experience in drug development with extensive knowledge of overall drug development process, including discovery to Phase I process
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology
- Experience using a Project Management software
- Financial acumen with capability to plan and oversee project budgets
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment
- Embraces working in a culture where receiving and providing feedback is valued
- Results and detail-oriented
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.