Research Associate I, Pharmacology
We are looking for an enthusiastic, possibly experienced, hands-on Research Associate I to join our team at Amunix. Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, you will perform key experiments to support cutting-edge drug discovery.
- Hands-on cell-based assays to screen our drug candidates for efficacy, MOA and safety
- Hands-on to support BA/PK assays
- Cell bank management (procurement & inventory of cell lines, relevant media preparation, freeze/thaw and tissue culture)
- Preclinical samples management (inventory of received samples & storage)
- Organization/ documentation of methods and results
- Thorough record keeping through database and notebook entries
- High attention to detail and great flexibility
- Ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Prism, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive and collaborative disposition with the ability to work easily within a team
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, cell biology or related field
- 0-3 years of relevant industry or academic lab experience (level to be commensurate with education and experience)
- Experience in cell culture and good aseptic technique is required
- Direct experience with cell based assays, flow cytometry and ELISA is a plus
- Creativity, a high degree of independence, and enthusiasm to learn new skills is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Must be highly organized, analytical, accurate and detailed oriented
- Must be able to analyze and prioritize assignments; also must judge the amount of time to spend for the expected outcome, according to the importance of a project and the type of information needed
- Must be able to work independently, as well as a part of an interdisciplinary team
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.