Research Associate II/III, Cell Line Engineering and Expression
Amunix is seeking a molecular cell biologist to generate transient and stable mammalian cell lines for the Mammalian Biology Platform Group. The Research Associate will be responsible for generating engineered cell lines. The successful Research Associate should be a reliable, highly-motivated and an exceptionally innovative biotechnologist who will work collaboratively on the development of new cell resources at an expedited pace. In addition, the RA must have superior organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately, and be able to adjust rapidly to shifting priorities and variable workloads.
- Developing engineered mammalian cell lines for both heterologous expression of Amunix proteins as well as membrane protein expressing cell lines. Besides this, the candidate should be proficient in selecting mammalian stable cell clones and scale up and transfection for transient protein expression. Experience with Expi293 and ExpiCHO systems will be preferred.
- Daily activities will include working in the laboratory to both grow cells and perform a variety of Transfections and selections. Expression screening experience utilizing FACS is required.
- Able to present data in a concise manner at internal meetings.
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks
- Masters in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field with 5+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of Molecular Biology and an expertise in various cell biology laboratory techniques, including but not limited to construct designing, transfections, dilution plating, stable clone selection, cell sorting and FACS.
- Experience working with platform cell lines or in an expression lab is preferred. Experience in cell line engineering is a plus
- Experienced with Molecular Biology software like VNTI and Geneious preferred
- Proficient in computer and technology skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.