Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Amunix is seeking a highly driven Research Associate to join the In Vivo group. This individual will be an essential member of a collaborative and fast-paced and highly productive research group exploring new therapeutic advances in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting key in vivo studies and communicating experimental data to support the progress of multiple internal research programs.
- In vivo animal handling techniques such as mouse tumor inoculation and measurement, oral, sc, ip, iv dosing, blood and tissue collection as well as direct experience with development and validation of Immuno-Oncology models (both syngeneic and xenograft models in immune-deficient mice).
- Utilize basic cellular assays, such as tissue culture and flow cytometry analysis to help characterize tumor models and support in vivo platform development.
- Design, perform and analyze in vivo studies and in vitro assays.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for running an in vivo facility and remaining compliant with IACUC and AAALAC regulations.
- Other responsibilities will include ordering lab supplies and mice to perform in vivo experiments and may include operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, accurate, timely record keeping and data analysis.
- Direct experience with:
- Culturing tumor cell lines and implantation of syngeneic and xenograft cell lines in vivo by SC injection
- Administering drugs through various routes (IV, IP, Oral gavage, SC)
- Molecular and cellular biological techniques (tissue culture)
- Flow cytometry and multi-parametric analysis (5+ colors)
- Previous experience with additional cellular assays, molecular biology and other techniques to help with ex vivo work that guides the identification of pharmacodynamics markers or helps define MOA will be a plus
- Research experience with preclinical models of cancer (syngeneic and xenograft tumor models)
- Previous drug discovery experience
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with Graphpad Prism, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results
- The ability to work independently on research goals and to direct the research and day to day responsibilities of others
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org