Research Associate Protein Analytics
Amunix is seeking a Research Associate to join the analytical group to support R&D activities for company’s programs. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Develop and perform assays such as HPLC, SDS-PAGE, spectrophotometry and other analytical assays applicable to therapeutic proteins
- Analyze, interpret and communicate test results in an effective manner
- Thoroughly maintain experimental records through database and notebook entries, prepare reports of completed projects for presentation to company personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instruments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, protein chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or relevant scientific discipline
- Working knowledge of HPLC (size exclusion, reverse phase, hydrophobic interaction), SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, dynamic light scattering, and other relevant analytical methods for protein characterization
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com