Research Associate, Protein Purification
Amunix is seeking a Research Associate to join our protein production group to support production activities for company’s programs. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform bench-scale purifications using a range of chromatography as well as filtration methods
- Monitor progress using established assays such as HPLC, SDS-PAGE, spectrophotometry
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate test results in an effective manner
- Thoroughly maintain experimental records through database and notebook entries, prepare reports of completed projects for presentation to company personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in protein chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or relevant scientific discipline
- Working knowledge and hands-on operating experience with state-of-the-art purification development tools and in-process analytical methods/screening tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.