Scientist, Mass Spectrometry
Amunix Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our Research and Discovery group. The candidate will conduct independent bench work to support ongoing research projects. They will design, develop and implement MS-based assays and workflows for characterization of therapeutic proteins, identification and quantitation of proteins in biological samples. They should possess protein mass spectrometry skills, as well as experience with software packages used for data analysis. We are looking for a candidate who loves solving challenging analytical problems and who can develop innovative approaches in a fast-paced discovery environment.
- Carefully perform procedures on experimental samples including biopharmaceutical products and process samples, including those derived from incubation in cell culture, plasma, or animal models for stability of pharmacokinetic measurements.
- Operate sophisticated analytical equipment including HPLCs and mass spectrometers.
- Manage lab activities, including routine calculations, data entry, and lab notebook maintenance.
- Own the design, development, and implementation of quantitative MS-based assays and workflows used for biopharmaceutical characterization, testing, and efficacy.
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner.
- Interact with company leadership to present results in a clear and concise manner.
- Work closely with the data science group as well as interact, collaborate, and support the Development, Discovery, and Clinical teams within Amunix.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or MS with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong scientific background in mass spectrometry and protein chemistry
- Hands-on experience operating Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer is highly desirable. Knowledge of other mass spectrometry platforms (Q-TOF, QQQ) is a plus.
- Experience with mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides, including peptide mapping, post-translational modifications, intact protein characterization, quantitative proteomics (labeled and label-free).
- Understanding of protein purification, cellular fractionation and biological sample processing methods.
- The ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential.
- Ability to propose and implement innovative protocols to a wide range of analytical challenges.
- Strong interpersonal aptitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.