Scientist/Senior Scientist: In Vivo Pharmacology
Amunix Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking an experienced, hands-on Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our expanding Pre-Clinical Department in providing pharmacology and toxicology expertise for the development of immuno-oncology therapeutics. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and overseeing the execution of mechanistic-based in-vivo studies through ex-vivo analysis that evaluate the efficacy and safety of drug candidates, including pivotal studies to enable first-in-human clinical trials. He/She is expected to deliver a balanced assessment of risk/benefit profile associated with a drug candidate. The individual must have a strong pharmacology background in cancer immunology, able to work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and external CROs and consultants to deliver quality and timely findings in support of drug candidate advancement. The candidate must have a strong desire and ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Design, implement and oversee efficacy/MOA/PK/biodistribution studies in support of preclinical immuno-oncology programs. Disease-relevant in vivo models include syngeneic, xenografts, genetically engineered and humanized mouse models, and patient derived xenograft (PDX)
- Design, implement and manage toxicity studies in NHP
- Perform ex vivo studies for pharmacological characterization of drug candidate
- Critical scientific/technical data analysis and interpretation in support immuno-oncology drug discovery and development.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts, findings and interpretation to multi-disciplinary teams
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related field, with a minimum of 4+ years of in-vivo pharmacology/toxicology work experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical setting a must
- Strong scientific knowledge in cancer-biology/immuno-oncology is required
- Demonstrated drive for rigorous scientific excellence. Ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve scientific problems
- Experience with CRO management a must
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. A strong team player.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class products using our novel half-life extension/drug delivery platform technology. As an employee, you will be able to:
- Significantly contribute to an established company (est’d 2006) with a broadly partnered and validated technology platform which is engaged in the development of a number of novel internal pipeline molecules
- Work in a highly collaborative and motivated working environment
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term/Long Term Disability and participate in matching 401(k) plans
- Receive compensation based on candidate experience
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every, location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.