Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist: Bioanalytical
Amunix Pharmaceuticals is seeking an experienced, resourceful, hands-on individual to join our expanding Bioanalytical team in the role of Senior Research Associate/ Associate Scientist. The individual will develop and execute quantitative PK and qualitative ADA immunoassays along with sample testing in support of preclinical and clinical studies.
The successful candidate will possess strong scientific knowledge and technical experience in developing, troubleshooting, transferring, optimizing and validating PK and ADA assays for biotherapeutics in biological matrices. He/she must be able to work independently in method development, validation and sample analysis using accepted industry methods with minimal guidance and supervision. The qualified candidate should be knowledgeable of current FDA and EMA GLP/GCP compliance as it relates to bioanalytical PK and ADA methods.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Design, develop and execute PK and ADA assays in accordance with current industry standard for drug candidates in support of preclinical and clinical stage oncology programs.
- Analyze, summarize, interpret and present results in reports and tables, facilitating follow-up optimization experiments
- Author protocols, reports and SOPs in support of preclinical and clinical studies
- Effectively communicate with other departments within the organization as well as CROs.
- Provide project summaries/reports in project team meetings.
- BSc. / M.S. in relevant scientific discipline and at least 5+ years of bioanalytical laboratory experience a must. Pharmaceutical, biotechnology or CRO experience highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of different PK and ADA formats (LBA, ELISA, MSD, Gyros, Quanterix Simoa etc.) and industry assay validation requirements a must
- Knowledge of other non-ELISA based formats such as Mass-spec, Capillary electrophoresis a plus
- Knowledge of SOP and GLP compliance, terminology and documentation
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve bioanalytical assay development challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to write technical reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment as well as with external vendors
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing highly innovative biotherapeutics with best-in-class therapeutic index. Amunix products are based on our ProTIA (Protease Triggered Immune Activator) and XTEN protein polymer platforms. In addition to our internal pipeline, we maintain active collaborations with many top tier pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies (Roche, Celgene, Genentech, Bioverativ/Sanofi). As employee, you will be able to:
- Participate in the discovery of potentially life-saving pharmaceuticals
- Work in a highly collaborative and motivating working environment
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term/Long Term Disability, matching 401(k) plans, and free daily lunches
- Receive competitive compensation based on candidate experience
Amunix is located in Mt. View, California. Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.