Senior Research Associate/Scientist I, Bioanalytics and Assay Development
We are seeking a detail oriented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Scientist 1 to join the Bioanalytics and Assay Development team at Amunix Pharmaceuticals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and qualifying Ligand Binding Assays (e.g. ELISA, ECL) and Cell-Based Assays for pharmacological (PK, PD, and ADA) assessments to help advance research, pre-clinical, and clinical stage programs. The incumbent will analyze pre-clinical study samples using Ligand Binding Assays, cell-based assays and Luminex. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Develop and qualify complex assays for measuring the PK of XTENylated molecules and relevant metabolites, and for detection of antibodies against XTENylated molecules.
- Perform pre-clinical sample analysis using relevant assays (PK, PD, ADA).
- Characterize assay reagents using standard biochemical techniques such as BCA, UV spectrophotometry, Western blot, etc.
- Document all activities in an electronic notebook, compile data and analyze results in a timely fashion.
- Present data in group settings to update other teams on progress of assay development.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, calibrations, and verifications as needed.
- Collaborate with other assay development team members to complete tasks and meet departmental goals.
- Work cross-functionally with members of other departments to complete tasks when required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with 5+ years of work experience, Master’s degree with 3+ years or Ph.D. with 1+ years of work experience. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- Experience developing Ligand Binding Assays for PK is a must.
- Experience working in a GCP/GLP environment is desirable.
- Mammalian cell culture experience and immunogencitity (ADA) assay development experience is desirable.
- Experience with Luminex and flow cytometry is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with effective time-management skills.
- Self-motivated to carry out both new and routine tasks.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team and demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Past experience with electronic notebook systems and Prism a plus.
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org