Senior Research Associate/Scientist I, In Vivo Pharmacology
Amunix is seeking an enthusiastic in vivo Senior Research Associate/Scientist to join a collaborative, fast-paced and highly productive research group exploring new therapeutic advances in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy. We seek no-ego individuals with passion and experience in in vivo pharmacology to lead Amunix’ in vivo studies (from tumor implantation to tumor measurement, data collection, and data analyses). This individual will be an essential member of a collaborative and fast-paced and highly productive research group exploring new therapeutic advances in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy.
- Design, perform and analyze in vivo murine studies and in vitro assays
- Execution of in vivo studies involving CDX, PDX, orthotopic models, syngeneic models, etc. for various cancer subtypes. Perform all aspects of in vivo experimentation including cell culture and inoculation, tumor/weight measurement, data recording, randomization, dosing (IV, SC, IP, RO), blood and tissue collection
- In vitro work includes tissue culture and characterization of tumor lines to inoculate in mice by flow cytometry
- Manage an RA who will also work in the vivarium
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, accurate, timely record keeping and data analysis
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements to run an in vivo facility and to remain compliant with IACUS and AAALAC regulations.
- Ability to search the literature and present data at cross-departmental teams
- Desired experience with functional cellular assays, molecular biology and other techniques to help with the ex vivo work to identify pharmacodynamics markers and confirm MOA
- BS or PhD and experience will determine the title
- Experience with mouse models of cancer, including CDX (cell line derived) and/or PDX (Patient Derived Xenograft) models preferred
- Strong technical expertise in in vivo experimentation, including health monitoring, tumor implantation, tumor measurements, dosing via IP, IV, SC, PO routes, and blood/tissue collection
- Strong in vitro experience with tissue culture and flow cytometry with multi-parametric analysis (5+ colors)
- The ability to work independently on research goals and to direct the research and day to day responsibilities of others
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team
- Evaluate novel cancer therapeutics through in vivo studies that monitor efficacy, PK, tolerability, and support new mouse model development research
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with Graphpad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time-management skills enabling efficiency and independence
- NICE TO HAVE: Previous experience in drug discovery and with T cell engagers
Amunix is leveraging our expertise in precision protein engineering to enable the promise of T cell engagers in solid tumors. Our goal is to save cancer patients’ lives through the development and commercialization of breakthrough therapies that harness the immune system. We have invented XTEN, a validated therapeutic half-life extension technology. Our current focus is Pro-XTEN, a next-generation protease activated pro-drug platform, which enables selective activation of potent cancer therapies in the tumor microenvironment. This overcomes a common challenge facing potent immune system activators: on-target, off-tumor toxicity. Amunix’s two lead programs employ the Pro-XTEN technology to enhance the safety profile of T cell engagers. XPATs (XTENylated Protease-Activated T Cell Engagers) have the potential to make off-the-shelf therapies redirecting T cells to solid tumors a reality. Amunix is currently located in Mountain View, CA but is moving to South San Francisco in 2020.
Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org